NYC Youth Funders (NYCYF) is a coalition of philanthropic organizations both private and public seeking to improve the quality of life of young people living in New York City. By increasing the number and improving the quality of direct service opportunities for New York City youth, NYCYF seeks to support nonprofit organizations that help the city’s young people develop the skills and resources necessary to become healthy, happy, and contributing adult members of their communities. NYCYF seeks to achieve these goals through the work of its member organizations by:
- Strengthening the quality of its members’ grantmaking and coordinating joint funding efforts;
- Identifying ways in which youth funding organizations (foundations, public agencies, etc.) can best serve the field and respond in the most effective manner to critical needs;
- Making members aware of high-quality program models and organizations achieving good outcomes for youth, and working with the broader funding community to grow and scale successful programs;
- Bringing national knowledge to bear on specific, local circumstances and issues and sharing local best practices and lessons with the larger philanthropic and policy community;
- Providing opportunities for information exchange among members;
- Continually assessing the interest of NYCYF membership to ensure presentation of ideas that are relevant to membership and the youth services field;
- Facilitating discussions of how changing public policies and resources affect the well-being of youth and the organizations that serve them, and, where appropriate, how private dollars can help leverage public investments to improve organizational capacity and youth outcomes.
NYCYF is an affinity group recognized by Philanthropy New York and governed by a steering committee comprised of leaders in the philanthropic sector. We partner with Philanthropy New York and other affinity groups to co-sponsor events that are of interest to youth funders and those working in related fields.