NYCYF events provide opportunities for Youth Funders to network, share lessons learned, explore new challenges facing New York City youth, and examine the City’s philanthropic and public response to these issues. The network also creates venues in which local funders can learn from youth programming, research, and policy experts, both locally and nationally. In addition to in-person meetings, NYCYF uses diverse vehicles including webinars, conference calls, LIST-SERVS, and policy briefs to communicate with its constituents.
- This event has passed.
Catch a Ride on a Roller-Coaster! Immigration Issues Facing the New York Region
June 9, 2015
In the wake of Congressional inaction on federal immigration reform, President Barack Obama announced on November 20, 2014, the Immigration Accountability Executive Action, which provides nearly five million unauthorized immigrants, mostly parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents, the opportunity to apply for temporary work authorization and protection from deportation. In addition, there are other components of the Executive Action: enhancing border security, refocusing enforcement priorities, and streamlining the immigration court process; and promoting naturalization and measures to make U.S. citizenship more accessible for qualifying immigrants.
- What the President has put forward in his latest Executive Action on immigrants – and the populations affected
- Which parts of the Executive Action are moving forward nationally and in the NYC area – and what’s delayed and why
- How your foundation can mobilize to help make progress on immigration reform
- How immigration reform effects funders across portfolios – even if you’re not focused on immigration reform
- Nisha Agarwal, Commissioner, New York City Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Juan Cartagena, President and General Counsel, Latino Justice
- Stephen Choi, Executive Director, New York Immigration Coalition
- Mayra Peters-Quintero (moderator), Senior Program Officer, Protecting Immigrant and Migrant Rights, Ford Foundation
Please RSVP to email@example.com