NYCYF events provide opportunities for Youth Funders to network, share lessons learned, explore new challenges facing New York City youth, and examine the City’s philanthropic and public response to these issues. The network also creates venues in which local funders can learn from youth programming, research, and policy experts, both locally and nationally. In addition to in-person meetings, NYCYF uses diverse vehicles including webinars, conference calls, LIST-SERVS, and policy briefs to communicate with its constituents.
- This event has passed.
Funders Meeting with Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune
April 17, 2019
Time:11:45 am - 2:00 pm
Meet Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune, New York City’s Chief Democracy Officer
For Philanthropy New York’s final Democracy Series Session we invite you to a conversation with Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune, New York City’s Chief Democracy Officer. The discussion will focus on efforts in New York City to promote civic engagement and expand opportunities for residents to participate in our democracy. Ms. Fonseca-Sabune will discuss her plan to amplify the voice of every New Yorker by building civic capacity and deepening engagement to improve communities, build a more equitable city, and to strengthen our democracy.
Lunch will be served.
- Strategy for sourcing, piloting, and scaling programming
- Learnings from community groups across the City about activating residents and meeting a community’s civic needs
- Priorities and goals for Ms. Fonseca-Sabune’s team through 2020
- Opportunities for philanthropy to support civic engagement and strengthen democracy
- Ayirini Fonseca-Sabune, New York City’s Chief Democracy Officer, DemocracyNYC
Designed for all interested funders.
11:45 AM – 12:00 PM Check-in
12:00 PM – 2:00 PM Discussion
Registration is required by April 16th and space is limited.
To register yourself and/or a colleague at your organization, please log in and click the Register Now link above. (no fee)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ($150 fee)
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
In collaboration with
- New York State Heath Foundation
- Open Society Foundations
- Rockefeller Brothers Fund
- North Star Fund
- The New York Women’s Foundation