NYCYF events provide opportunities for Youth Funders to network, share lessons learned, explore new challenges facing New York City youth, and examine the City’s philanthropic and public response to these issues. The network also creates venues in which local funders can learn from youth programming, research, and policy experts, both locally and nationally. In addition to in-person meetings, NYCYF uses diverse vehicles including webinars, conference calls, LIST-SERVS, and policy briefs to communicate with its constituents.
- This event has passed.
Social and Emotional Intelligence
Time:8:45 am - 11:00 am
Insights on Creating Effective Learning Communities for Staff Who Work with Young People
This session will focus on how those who work with youth assess the social emotional learning objectives of their programs. The session will also explore staff efforts for continual improvement of their practices while creating peer-learning communities to enhance program quality.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS SESSION WILL BE TO:
- Increase understanding of “Social and Emotional Learning”
- Broaden knowledge of research and practice findings: What are the greatest challenges? How can they be addressed? What is going well? What lessons are ready for dissemination?
- Discuss the need for quality adult development and staff training on social and emotional competencies to attain outcomes
- Learn more about building supportive organizational structures and settings that support youth.
A PANEL OF FIELD LEADERS WILL DISCUSS:
- Their vision for this work
- Promising approaches and areas of innovation
- Challenges and opportunities for the youth-serving field
- Costs and resources needed to promote effective adult SEL practice in youth settings
- Claudia DeMegret – Program Officer, The Wallace Foundation
- Kim Flores – CEO, Algorhythm
- Sue Lehmann – Co-Founder and Chief Network Facilitator, Student Success Network
- Laurie Dien (moderator) – Vice President-Programs, The Pinkerton Foundation
Please RSVP to email@example.com by February 10, 2017