NYCYF events provide opportunities for Youth Funders to network, share lessons learned, explore new challenges facing New York City youth, and examine the City’s philanthropic and public response to these issues. The network also creates venues in which local funders can learn from youth programming, research, and policy experts, both locally and nationally. In addition to in-person meetings, NYCYF uses diverse vehicles including webinars, conference calls, LIST-SERVS, and policy briefs to communicate with its constituents.
- This event has passed.
Summer Learning – Part I
July 20, 2017
Time:9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Summer Learning Site Visit
New York City Youth Funders, Philanthropy New York, Altman Foundation, the New York Life Foundation, and The Pinkerton Foundation invite you to join us for a two-part series: a site visit to a model Summer Learning and a forum featuring local and national speakers.
Part One: Site Visit at PS 48
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017
Time: 9:00am – 12:30pm
Where: event will begin at a central Manhattan location
Part Two: Forum
Date: Thursday, September 14, 2017
Time: 3:00 – 5:00 pm
Where: Philanthropy New York, 1500 Broadway @ 43rd Street, 7th floor
Topics will include:
- Why summer learning is crucial to closing achievement and opportunity gaps;
- How summer learning can be best structured to meet student needs;
- What sorts of publicly and privately funded programs are currently available in NYC
- through CBO’s, libraries, and schools; and
- What possibilities and challenges lie ahead to ensure high-quality summer learning opportunities for all NYC children and youth.
Please RSVP to email@example.com