NYCYF events provide opportunities for Youth Funders to network, share lessons learned, explore new challenges facing New York City youth, and examine the City’s philanthropic and public response to these issues. The network also creates venues in which local funders can learn from youth programming, research, and policy experts, both locally and nationally. In addition to in-person meetings, NYCYF uses diverse vehicles including webinars, conference calls, LIST-SERVS, and policy briefs to communicate with its constituents.
- This event has passed.
The Power of Pooled Funding
Time:9:00 am - 11:00 am
The Power of Pooled Funding to Increase College Graduation Rates
This session will feature the development of and lessons learned from the College Completion Innovation Fund (CCIF), a unique collaborative model for college persistence and completion grantmaking managed by Graduate NYC. Catalyzed by a challenge grant from the Michael and Susan Dell Foundation in 2015, CCIF has engaged national and local funders for a collective investment of nearly $2 million.
New York City-based undergraduate colleges and nonprofit community-based organizations have received support for projects that aim to significantly improve student completion outcomes. These pioneering initiatives have the potential to help young people make great strides in obtaining a college degree, while creating important learning opportunities that will benefit the college success field as a whole. Copies of the inaugural report of the CCIF will be on hand.
Agenda and Panelists
Introduction & Overview
Desiree Vazquez Barlatt, Program Officer, Teagle Foundation
Panel: The Funder Perspective
- Moderator: Megan McAllister, Senior Program Officer, Altman Foundation
- Cass Conrad, University Dean, K-16 Initiatives at City University of New York
- Beth Lief, Executive Director, The Carroll and Milton Petrie Foundation
- Todd Penner, Portfolio Director, College Success, Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
Panel: The Grantee Perspective
- Moderator: Melissa Herman, Innovation Fund Director, Graduate NYC
- Vince Boudreau, President, City College
- Laura Gambino, Associate Dean for Assessment and Technology, Guttman Community College
- Jessica Sasko, Director of College Supports, NYC Outward Bound Schools
RSVP to email@example.com.