Who Can Join NYC Youth Funders?
NYC Youth Funders (NYCYF) membership is open to the trustees, staff, and volunteers of grantmaking institutions committed to supporting youth services and youth-related organizations.
Who are our Members?
Our members include:
- Private foundations
- Community foundations
- Corporate foundations and giving programs
- Family foundations
- Government agencies
- Philanthropic advisors
- Public charities with significant grantmaking efforts
What are the Benefits of Becoming a Member?
- Invitations to all NYCYF events, including periodic workshops, webinars, conference calls, and policy briefings;
- E-mail blasts and updates
- Invitation to annual Membership networking event;
- Opportunity to propose topics and content (i.e., suggested speakers) at NYCYF events;
- Opportunity to provide feedback on activities of NYC Youth Funders, through annual membership survey.
Are There Membership Dues?
Dues are not required to be a part of NYCYF activities. But it is the voluntary contributions of Supporting Members that make it possible for NYCYF to provide workshops, webinars, and more free of charge to the youth funding community, as well as to maintain a growing network of participants.
Membership/Participant Code of Conduct
NYCYF requires that all members refrain from fundraising and solicitation of any nature while participating in NYC Youth Funders activities. Members whose activities include the solicitation of funds are requested to designate only those staff whose role involves grantmaking to participate in NYCYF activities.
NYCYF seeks to ensure that all members feel welcome to participate in all aspects; that values and respect for diversity of opinions is welcome and shared.
Have a question about NYCYF? Or want to get more involved?
Please write to use at: firstname.lastname@example.org.